dinsdag 26 augustus 2014

Antwerp central station rocks

According to the website Mashable, the Antwerp central station is the most beautiful one in the world. tee-hee. Citizens of Antwerp already knew this, of course... ;) Source: http://mashable.com/2014/08/23/beautiful-railway-stations/

It's funny how we don't notice the beauty that's right in front of us. I used to work in the station for 2 years, and I've known that station from when I was six years old. So I'm kind of used to it's awesomeness.
It took a lot of renovations to make it bigger and more accesable, so more trains could come and go. Before that, it already was beautiful. Construction works took over a decade, and I believe some parts still aren't finished. To be honest, I wasn't fond of the changes in the first place, but I must admit the modern area in the back adds to the architecture in general. I see LiƩge is on the list, too This is probably my favourite one in Belgium. I'm not a big fan of modern building styles, but this one really rocks.

I would love to see the ones in Stockholm, Dubai, London... Actually, I'd love to see them all. I wonder if those other countries suffer from delayed trains and defect carriages too... Because that does take away some of the beauty at times.


Mary Jane
pissedofpenguin@gmail.com


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten